27.08.20 Egg Update
Mayfield Eggs customers,
It’s been a busy summer on the farm, we’ve had 3 flocks leave the farm and are now happily enjoying their retirement as pets with families. We have welcomed 3 new flocks which always brings plenty of work getting the hen houses ready for their arrival and settling them into their new home. Yesterday we got our first egg from a new flock, it was a very small egg and these new hens will soon be laying plenty of medium and large eggs. It also felt the right time to share a few updates….
- New website – You can now request a password and log into your account on the Mayfield Eggs website. In the ‘My Account’ area, you can make changes to your egg order, such as:
– Change your payment card details
– Suspend your order – for example, if you’re going on holiday
– Change your address
– Change your egg subscription – The deadline to change your egg order is 2 days before delivery. For example, if you receive a delivery on a Thursday, you can make changes to your egg order up to 23:59 on Tuesday, giving us time to prepare deliveries for the following day.
- More choice
– The minimum order is now 6 eggs (1 box) although we would suggest 18 eggs which is a free delivery (£6 for 18 medium eggs; £6.60 for 18 large eggs). If you order more than £6 in a delivery, there is no delivery charge. For orders less than £6, there is a £2 delivery charge.
– You can change the frequency of your delivery online to every week, fortnight, 3 weeks or 4 weeks.
- Produce updates:
– Strawberries – The strawberry season is coming to an end and therefore our last delivery will be this Friday, 28thAugust.
– Duck & Quail eggs – Duck eggs are available now (6 duck eggs £2.60) and Quail eggs (12 for £2.80) will be available from Monday 31st August.
– XL & Wonky eggs – These eggs are frequently laid by our older hens and as a result of our flock changes, they will no longer be available until early 2021. We will shortly be contacting those customers with a wonky/XL order to ask if you would like to move to an alternative size of egg.
– Other produce – We’re conscious that by offering strawberries this has given some of our customers the opportunity to buy a dozen eggs and a punnet of strawberries and enjoy free delivery to their door. We’re therefore keen to hear your thoughts on what we could deliver now that the strawberry season has come to an end. Please email us at email@example.com with your ideas or favourite local food producers and we will research these possibilities.
- 31st August bank holiday – We are delivering next Monday, 31stAugust as normal.
- Sharing our story – Customers have asked us to share more about what happens on our farm and how we produce a Mayfield Egg. Our plan is to share more on our Facebook page and we’ll add more to our website.
Finally, we genuinely appreciate your support. In March, we lost 90%+ of our commercial customers (Oxford Colleges, restaurants, hotels etc..) and this business remains very quiet. Today, we now serve much of Oxfordshire with our home deliveries, from Bicester to Henley and Lechlade to Wheatley and the majority of villages inbetween. Thank you for buying Mayfield Eggs, you have all played a major part in helping our family farm to survive this difficult year.
Gemma & James